Job Purpose and Scope
The Data Protection Officer shall ensure full compliance of the Easa Saleh Al Gurg Group with all applicable data protection regulations especially in the UAE, KSA and Oman.
Main Job Responsibilities :-
- Implementing measures and a privacy governance framework to manage data use in compliance with applicable data protection regulations (with focus on the UAE, KSA and Oman data protection laws and regulations), including developing templates for data collection, assisting with data mapping, and vendor management reviews
- Working with key internal stakeholders in the review of personal data collection, storage and handling to ensure compliance with local data privacy laws, and where necessary, complete and advise on privacy impact assessments.
- Serving as the primary point of contact and liaison for the respective authorities in the UAE, KSA and Oman on all data protection related matters under the applicable laws.
- Reviewing all interfaces with external parties for required consents needed to collect and manage personal data.
- Monitoring changes to applicable data protection laws and making necessary adjustments to the company's policies
- Developing and delivering privacy training to various members of the Group.
- Coordinating and conducting data privacy audits.
- Collaborating with the IT to maintain records of all data assets and exports, and maintaining a data security incident management plan to ensure timely remediation of incidents including impact assessments, security breach response, complaints, claims or notifications, and responding to subject access requests.
- Collaborating with IT to ensure that the Group’s IT systems and procedures comply with all relevant data privacy and protection law, regulation and policy (including in relation to the retention and destruction of data).