1. Contacting the customers or refer to work orders in order to establish the nature of appliance fault.
2. Refer to schematic drawings, product manuals, and troubleshooting guides in order to diagnose and repair problems.
3. Disassemble appliances so that problems can be diagnosed and repairs can be made.
4. Observe and examine appliances during operation to detect specific fault such as loose parts or leaking fluid.
5. Trace electrical circuits, following diagrams, and conduct tests with circuit testers and other equipment to locate shorts and grounds.
6. Provide repair cost estimates, and recommend whether appliance repair or replacement is a better choice.
7. Collect the required parts for repair on daily basis and return back unused one.
8. Bill customers for repair work, and collect payment.
9. Instruct customers regarding operation and care of appliances.
10. Maintain stocks of parts used in on-site installation, maintenance, and repair of appliances.
11. Observe and test operation of appliances following installation, and make any initial installation adjustments that are necessary.
12. Record maintenance and repair work performed on appliances through CRM.
13. Respond to emergency calls for problems such as gas leaks.
14. Take measurements to determine if appliances will fit in installation.
15. Attending 8 to 10 jobs on daily basis.
16. Advise and sell AMC and accessories to customers.
Keyword: Repair & Maintenance, Home Appliances, Consumer Electronics