in Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Experience: 3 - 7
| Opening: 1
Education:Basic - Bachelor of Architecture(Architecture), Bachelor of Technology/Engineering(Civil, Mechanical)
Nationality: Any Nationality
Industry Type: Other
Other Benefits:Medical Insurance, Paid Annual Leaves, Annual Air tickets
Functional Area:Shop Drawing / Drafting / Draughtsman Dec 12, 2017
Job purpose & Scope:
To create technical drawings based on given specifications and calculations and propose solutions on technical issues influencing design and coordinate with suppliers, site engineers and project managers to resolve problem due to design.
• Review and inspect the contractors work to ensure that both the design intent and the quality of workmanship and materials are achieved in accordance with the drawings and specifications.
• Prepare of progress reports based upon the findings during site visits.
• Provide recommendations to overcome deficiencies or potential problems observed on site related to the project design requirements.
• Review and approve contractors shop drawings, materials, and detailing submitted for approval.
• Review and approve quality of material s and workmanship.
• Review and reply to request for clarifications.
• Provide supplementary design drawings and information as needed.
• Propose improved solutions on technical issues influencing design.
• Coordinate with suppliers, site engineers and project managers for the resolution of problems.
• Conduct site inspections and prepare of associated reports.
• Follow up the detail especially during the construction phase.
• AutoCAD design and preparation for project.
• Initial measurement and final measurement to issue invoice.
• Clarifying details with Engineering Departments for project.
• Achieving clients’ approval over the shop-drawings.
• Explaining to project managers of job details and site reference.
• Responsible for BOQ clarification with Sales Department.
• Determining percentage of wastage in project.
• Preparing Auto-CAD drawings for suppliers for further clarification on pattern and design.
• Preparing Auto-CAD drawings to demonstrate method of installation for sales presentation to MTE clients, along with specification sheets.
Desired Candidate Profile
• Degree in Interior Design/Architecture
• 3 years’ work experience in similar capacity with a furniture design company.
• Hands on experience in AutoCAD 2013, Photoshop, MS PowerPoint and 3D MAX.
• Excellent communication skills
• Attentive listener and strong interpersonal skills.
• Time management and project management skills.
• Creative thinker, imaginative and artistic.
• Analytical ability.
Keyword: Draughtsman, Autocad, Draftsman, Furniture Design