Keywords: Credit Controller, accounts, Accountant, SAP, commerce, finance, credit check
Role Purpose: Job Purpose and Scope
Conducting credit checks on new and existing customers, resolving customers problems arising our of invoice payments, and reconciling complex month-end accounts. Report outstanding issues and highlighting potential debtor problems to the management
• Assist in the creation of policies and procedures that ensure timely payments while maintaining a high level of customer retention
• Ensure credit and collection policies and procedures are followed within the team
• Evaluate new credit requests and review customers’ credit rankings with banks and Al Etihad Credit Bureau
• Liaise with sales department in order to resolve credit issues
• Assess customers’ existing situation and help decide on whether or not to offer / extend / enhance the credit
• Handle internal queries on payments, ensuring customers pay on time
• Ensure debts are paid in a timely manner; chase overdue invoices by telephone, email and letters within agreed timelines while maintain accurate records of such follow up activities
• Maintain contact with customers to ensure debts are managed as necessary
• Identify changes in payment patterns and propose actions to avert indebtedness
• Provide accurate advice on billing queries and respond promptly and completely to both customers and internal queries.
• Send out monthly accounts statements, letters as required from time to time
• Follow instructions of Group Finance related to post dated cheques submissions & recording; on special cases consider all necessary actions to safeguard the interest of the company and the client.
• Negotiating re-payment plans and settlements with debtors, including fixing terms and conditions
• In case where a customer stops paying or pays late then take prescribed procedure to start legal action to collect the money owed (if necessary) and in case of bankruptcy, report to the management about the strategies to ensure recovery
• Prepare and present various reports (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) for department / management's review
• Others as deemed necessary by the line manager or the management for the smooth functioning of the operations.