in Muscat - Oman
Experience: 3 - 8
Education:Basic - Bachelor of Commerce(Commerce)
Industry Type: Construction / Civil Engineering
Functional Area:Accounts / Taxation / Audit / Company Secretary Feb 27, 2020
We are looking for Accountant for Muscat, Oman.
Accounting, Debtors Collection Follow Up & Implementation of Policies
Manage all accounting transactions - verify, allocate, post and reconcile all transactions (post and process journal entries recording all business transactions)
• Follow up on accounts receivables - generation customer aging report, statement of account, timely circulation of SOA, visits to key customer accounts, communicate and follow ups on payments, collection of balance confirmation as per company policies and develop good relationship with finance personnel of customers.
• Strictly monitor credit terms of customers and co-ordinate with Branch Manager for taking timely action.
• Set up collection target and weekly review /updates by co-ordinating with Branch Manager on collection.
• Follow up on accounts payable - reconcile all vendor accounts, timely collection of all Invoices, prepare payments as per agreed credit terms and collection of balance confirmation)
• Ensure daily submission of cash, depositing due date cheques at the Bank (including PDC's), collection and preparation of bounced cheques statement, co-ordinate with head office.
• Petty cash management - handling petty cash, timely submission of vouchers to HO, reimbursement and adhering to HO policies.
• Documents Management - Management of expiry documents -Trade License, CR, PP copies etc. and ensure complete control on credit.
• Compute taxes and prepare tax returns (for applicable taxes incl. VAT)
• Co-ordinate with statutory and Group Internal Audits, prepare recommendation draft for HO review
• Handle Monthly, quarterly and annual closings.
• Develop and document business processes for having tight controls (review SOP's with Branch Manager on regular intervals and suggest improvements)
• Co-ordination with HO Legal for civil & criminal cases of aged receivables, uploading of key documents in LCM Portal and follow up
• Support Branch Manager in preparing Budget forecasts and monthly review of expenses vs budgets.
• Reinforce financial data confidentiality and ensure proper back ups of the data base
• Comply with financial Policies and regulations.
• Support sales team in terms of Invoicing / quotes in the absence of Sales Coordinator (during vacation etc.)
• Others as deemed necessary by the service center in charge for the smooth functioning of the operations
Desired Candidate Profile
Bachelor's degree in Commerce or in Accounting/Finance field, Qualifications like ACA, ACCA, CMA is a plus
Proven Experience of min 5 Years in GCC, preferable 2-3 yrs of experience in Oman
Organizing abilities, great attention to details, good with numbers/figures and analytical skills
Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
Excellent knowledge of MS Office( advanced MS Excel skills), and familiarity with computer software- SAP
Excellent Communication Skill in English. Spoken Arabic will be an Advantage. Required Oman Driving License
Keyword: Accountant, Accounts, Finance, Accounting, ACA, ACCA, CMA, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Petty Cash, Invoicing, Documentation, PDS, SOA, SAP, Trade License, CR, VAT, TAX